Here's how it works. Assess the various parts of your business where you can make a change. This could be in how you attract business, converting your prospects, sales, and so on. You then create a target around that part of your business so that you can make a 10% change.
For example, I used to talk a lot during my sales appointments. And then I read somewhere that people love a good listener - but how could I listen to my clients if I was too busy talking. I know I talk to fill the gaps as I am not comfortable with silence in these situations, but doing this in sales appointments is not a good idea.
And you can do The 10% Game with anything in your business. Here are some examples:
- What can I do to talk to 10% more people this week about my business?
- What can I do to turn 10% more prospects into clients?
- What can I do to reduce my business costs by 10%?
- What can I do to raise my prices by 10%?
- What can I do to raise my average sales by 10%?
- What can I do to be 10% more efficient?
- What can I do to deliver 10% faster to my clients?
And if it doesn't work, well, you find another way to play The 10% Game, until you hit upon a success strategy.
I'd love to hear what you do to make a 10% difference to some aspect of your business.